Wednesday 28 May 2014

D.I.Y psychedelic dry marble nails!

Being a nail technician I thought I had better hurry up and get some nail work up on here, So these believe it or not are  are FAR less messy than the water marbling method, which can be very fiddly. 

First things first, here's what you need: 

- 3 colours of your choice; I used prickly pear, sugar apple and bright pink all by Barry M. 

- A clear topcoat

- A cocktail stick or sharp pencil.

 
First apply your chosen base colour - I alternated the colours for each nail. 

When you apply this colour make sure it goes on thick enough to not need a second coat. 
DO NOT WAIT FOR THIS TO DRY BEFORE MOVING ONTO THE NEXT STEP!! - so I done the whole process nail by nail to stop this from happening! 

 
Take your other two colours and drop random blobs onto the nail -again don't wait for this to dry! 


Now using the cocktail stick or pencil. Gently swirl the blobs into a funky pattern of your choice - here's where you can go cray and make your nails into works of art! 


Then finally once a little dry, apply topcoat and wait to dry before moving onto your next hand. 
Iknow! Simple but pure genius :) 


Let me know what you think of this tutorial, did it work for you? Or anything else you wish to see.. Post your comments below... 

No comments:

Post a Comment