Thursday 13 November 2014

Covering up eyebrow scars secretly

Well my next post was meant to be how to do a kylie Jenner style lip, but I have a had a urgent request on how to cover up a scar on the eyebrow. Seeing as pencils and powders alone just don't quite cut the mustard and can appear patchy and obvious. 

So first up to help from the inside out: if you knew me when I was younger you will know I never used to have eyebrows, not from over plucking but a genetic thing - thanks nan!! This set me out on a mission to find a way of growing eyebrows with the use of vitamins that wouldn't leave me looking like a bush monkey in areas other than my eyebrows TMI?? If you go back to the post on my blog on the 26th may 14, there will be way more details. I used the centrum multi vitamin tablets that gave me eyebrows I was completely amazed!! I'm not saying it will grow hair from a scar but the hair around it wil thicken and grow longer so you can cover up the missing patch , kinda like a eyebrow comb over  haha. 

Right so I don't have scars in my brows they are just sparse, so I had to use special effex makeup wax to give the effect of a scar in my Brow so I could get the closest result possible. 

Firstly I used the brow marker by gosh from superdrug. It is my makeup staple. It's nothing like a waxy pencil that enhances bald patches. It creates a definite line that perfectly blends into the rest of the brow. It's also a stain so even after showering it will leave a subtle print of what was there. And the best bit yet?.. IT DOES NOT SMUDGE, or come off oily skin. It is the best thing ever invited in terms of brow stay power. There are actually 4 shades but I always use a cotton bud to blend to get the perfect tone. 

After getting the base I used a brow brush to the even the hairs around the 'scar'. Next up using the MUA brow pallet from superdrug to set the brow to refrain it from looking oily and just to blend even more. I used to darkest colour at the furthest end of the brow, then gradually using the lighter colours towards the inside of the brow and blend ,blend, blend!!  You don't want the brow to appear like a block at the inside. So make sure you blend. Also remember the lighter your skin tone the lighter your brows MUST be in comparison to someone with a darker skin tone, otherwise you will look washed out and clearly look fake. Just think pitch black brows, blonde hair and Lily white skin. It's not a good look. 

.

And there you have it. A brow that nobody would be any wiser!! 
Here is a few of the products and tools I used. Thanks for reading! Q.Ex 


No comments:

Post a Comment